Ovations Dance Repertory Company
Board of Directors
Orlando Peña Founder/President
OVATIONS DANCE REPERTORY COMPANY
The STARLIGHT Program
Designed to reach out to those in the community who are unable to afford the cost of entertainment.
- By providing tickets free of charge to children in low income school districts they become exposed to the artistry of dance.
- ODRC also offers the opportunity for children from low-income families to participate at no cost to themselves.
- Annually, ODRC takes every opportunity to reach out to the public by going “on the road” to perform “The Nutcracker Suite”, musical productions and other programs at community events, as well as entertain the elderly in assisted living communities and nursing homes.
- Beneficiaries of the STARLIGHT Program have been Brookhaven Hospital, LIGALY, The Phoenix House and The Mary Golden House.
STARLIGHT Community Outreach Program
As part of the STARLIGHT Outreach Program, Ovations Dance Repertory Company has:
- Conducted a Thanksgiving Holiday Food Drive for needy families.
- Decorated the doors and performed for the residents of Nursing Home.
- OVATIONS students and families decorated hands to raise money for Red Cross for victims of Katrina and Sandy
- Conducted a Blood Drive
- Students donated dozens of dance shoes to The Katrina Dance Fund.
- ODRC has contributed to Saint Georges University in Grenada for the hurricane relief program.
- ODRC is Looking forward to reaching out to our local Tampa Bay Community!